The Self-Service Collateral Management Tool is provided to Participants to act as the Collateral Manager (ASX Clear) via upload of a configurable CSV file, which will be consumed and validated by the CSP.
By updating the field details of the Intra Position Movement Instruction (pldg_301) ateral Release Request (pldg_304) messages in the CSV file, developers are able to perform different collateral management test scenarios.
This service allows developers to submit a fixed CSV file containing the collateral management information using a cURL command to a REST endpoint.
The REST endpoint translates the CSV file to a ISO XML message (Intra Position Movement Instruction (pldg_301) lateral Release Request (pldg_304)), which is then submitted to the CSP.
The Self-Service Tool will be provided to the Participants to act as the Collateral Manager (ASXCL) to perform the following in
- Removal of Cash Market Margining () and Exchange Trade Options (ETO) Collateral; and
- Release and Transfer of Cash Market Margining (CMM) and Exchange Trade Options (ETO) Collateral.
The Self-Service Tool will allow the Participant internal use cases acting on behalf of the Collateral Manager. This can be achieved by the following:
- Upload 'CSV' file for the Removal of CMM & ETO Collateral;
- Upload 'CSV' file for the Release and Transfer of CMM & ETO Collateral; or
- Participants can update the field details in the 'CSV' file which provides them flexibility for their own testing purposes. (Note: Transaction ID must be unique for each record within a CSV file, but also unique for the CSP
On success of an Intra Position Movement Instruction (pldg_301), a Transaction Acknowledge Advice (comm_809) will be sent by the CSP to the Collateral Manager (via the Self-Service Tool) and Intra Position Movement Confirmation (pldg_303) to the controlling participant.
On success of a Collateral Release Request (pldg_304), a Transaction Acknowledge Advice (comm_809) will be sent by the CSP to the Collateral Manager (via the Self-Service Tool) and Collateral Release Confirmation (pldg_305) to the controlling participant.
If the CSV submitted by the Participant acting as the Collateral Manager (ASX Clear) is invalid due to errors in the business validity, an Invalid Transaction (comm_808) is received.
If the CSV submitted by the Participant acting as the Collateral Manager (ASX Clear) is invalid due to errors in the file format or schema validity, a rejection from the Self-Service Tool is received.
These responses are delivered to the REST endpoint, where it is converted to a .
The sample below is provided as a reference; additional information on the column names and elements present in the CSV can be found on the Collateral Management functional specification.
The file below contains a Excel file template which is used to build the CSV submitting to the cURL.
When populating the CSV, the developer is required to ensure:
Prior to establishing connection to the CDE, the Participant acting as the Collateral Manager (ASX Clear) will need to generate and submit a Certificate Signing Request and acquire the ASX root / issuing CA public key (instructions are available on the FTP). The Participant acting as the Collateral Manager (ASX Clear) is also rete the CSV sample file above.
CSV files submitted to the CSP must be encoded in UTF-8 not UTF-8-BOM. For further details refer here.
// Verbose output
// ASX’s CA’s public keys in pem format
// File containing the certificate of the client machine
// Private key of the client certificate provided in cert option
// The URL of Participant's self-service collateral management. Only one template may be loaded at a time, for pldg_301, it will be pldg301 and for pldg_304 it will be pldg304.
// Header option to accept json format (not the same as the CSV file)
-H "accept: application/json"
// Header option to tell curl command that it will be form-data in other words file as input
-H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data"
// The input CSV file to be sent as part of the request
In the above code fragment:
- URL: The URL for Self-Service Collateral Management is the same as the Trade Ingest API, cde-trade-ingest.asx.com.au. The local host DNS needs to be reconfigured to 184.108.40.206 to ensure correct routing.
- Port: The port number exposed for the Self-Service tool. The port will take the format of 5XXX and will be provided to the participant via email.